Who We Are
Islamia school began its journey as a primary school in October 1924 in Malerkotla which was later shifrted to its present location Milkh Road on the space then provided by Nawab Ahmed Ali Khan. The strength at that time was 650 which later decreased as the time was changing and moving towards Free India. After the unfortunate incidents the school reopened in 1951 with a strength of 206. In the year 1956 the Punjab Wakf Board took over the management of the school under its arms and in time established 6 branches in and around the city, to be able to take education at the door step. Most of the branches were primary wings with the main school focus on middle and higher secondary level. By 1965 the school got its recognition and affiliation from Punjab Education School Board as aided school. initially the school was in urdu medium which later was shifted to Punjabi. Prominent educationists have made immense contribution as principals of the school.